cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping Ship

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I post this in the right bit. Apologies if this is the wrong bit.

I'll try to summarise my experience so far: I've got a new PAYG phone on Vodafone (nothing against O2, just an upgrade) and because my number's quite a good one, I wish to transfer it from my old PAYG O2 one, so I'm on a quest to obtain a PAC. After waiting for a while on 4445 (option 4 for obtaining a PAC), I gave up because otherwise my mind may have exploded from them songs. I spoke to Live Chat who said they could only issue PACs for Pay Monthly, and CS had to issue my PAC.

Is there any way to avoid having to repeat the 4445 call but wait until I eventually get through, or am I stuck listening to Paloma Faith?

Thanks!

(EDIT: I've just saw a PAC code topic below. Maybe that'll help... always helps to look :S)

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your only option is 4445 I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've probably got the best option. I'll try that when I can. Thanks!

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Totally different from my experience of ringing CS this morning at 9.15am. Connected in 2 mins and job done in another two. Mind you I was ringing as a contract customer.......and opting for a new sim only deal. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Calling CS, whether it's on contract or Pay & Go to request a PAC should be very straightforward and simple. It's just the time of day you call that makes a difference, and we always see that calling in the morning gets the quickest results.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Just a thought, but shouldnt pay and go customers be given the option to get a pac via myo2. After all they are not in contract, this whole ringing up is way to try and swap them on to sim only etc.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
Just a thought, but shouldnt pay and go customers be given the option to get a pac via myo2. After all they are not in contract, this whole ringing up is way to try and swap them on to sim only etc.

No, payg myo2 just shows allowances & not as many options as contract customers do

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

All good now - 17:00 (I'm mad, I know), I phone in. I get an answer from a nice guy, but at the security questions my battery goes flat. Idiot's mistake. Second time, half an hour later, with the phone plugged in, I'm 2 minutes from hanging and going in the morning as I should when I get a response from another nice guy. Thank you very much for my PAC.

I'd guess it's just a case of persevering with Paloma and hanging on, and a bit of luck. The morning probably helps too.

Thanks for all the suggestions before I called though!

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Well done wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14