Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Itemised Bill on PAYG - phone number for Data Controller

Does anyone know the phone number to contact the Data Controller people to get an itemised bill on PAYG. You have to write in with a £10 cheque on PAYG & I have done that twice & they have written back telling me it's not registered in my name when I know that it is because I can access it online with no problem & when I phone customer services, I pass all the security tests because...well....it's in my name!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: Itemised Bill on PAYG - phone number for Data Controller

[ Edited ]
Any help?
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... CASE=12867
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Afraid not, I have already done this. Twice now. As I said, they wrote back telling me my number is not in my name. Twice. Quite impressive really, since it's being used with no problem.
This is why I need a phone number to speak to a real person, hopefully!
Highlighted

Customer services should be able to put you through I would hope.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Highlighted
Anonymous

Nope.
Try again! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Nope.
Try again! Smiley Happy

Can't help then sorry, unless an O2 staff member happens to see this and can help.

Highlighted
Anonymous

No problem - thanks for your help Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I would not expect there to even be a contact number and would be astonished if anyone gave you one. I work for a much larger organisation than o2 and there is no way you would get one.
You already know that you have to put the request in writing, and the Data Controller or whatever o2 want to call them will not be able to give any info over the phone so what is the point of a contact number available to the public. All they will want to do is plead their case about why they need the information right now. So are o2 going to set up another contact centre just for this? Why would they?
Sometimes you have to do things the old fashioned way!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Even though this could be a fraud case? I am amazed. I use the number in question & have queries on it but I'm being told this number is not registered in my name. I access it online, I top it up online, I think it's abysmal that you can't talk to a person - but that's how so many companies work now. :womanindifferent:
I may consider taking my number elsewhere then. I have every right to be entitled to an itemised bill & no other network charges for this priviledge either!
Highlighted
Anonymous

No network providesan itemised bill for PAYG , they can't because there is nothing to bill you for as you pay in advance. I suspect what you are after is your call records. Some networks allow you to see some of your recent usage on-line. If this is important to you then I would change straight away.
If you want to sort out the registration of your account then call O2 and explain the situation. Ifthey aren't able to sort it for you then use the complaint review service. But stop going on about talking to the data controller. When youhave a problem you need to sort it effectively and not keep barking up the wrong tree.