Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with O2 data outside home wifi

Stan2022
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My data is not working outside the house/wifi. I tried everything, Switching phone on/off. Followed previously presented advice about switching on airplane mode then off. 

Nothing seems to work. Not just that. Paying for a service that we are not getting plus missing out on work emails and communications when we are outside the house. 

Plus it is impossible to get in touch with customer service. Absolute nightmare.

I stopped, today, by o2 in Hampstead and the staff was on his phone and in his cuckoo land. I explained that I am an O2 customer and I am having problems with data. He said sorry we cannot help, check with your network provider. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sure, will do!

Still no news from O2 although the return email suggested a 24 hrs period before they reply. It has been more.

The problem still there and unlikely to be rectified without O2's intervention.

Message 11 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just heard from the genius O2. Although in my communication to them I had explained all the steps that I have already done in an attempt to resolve the problem, they sent me exactly what I told them that I have done. Please see below what they have sent me.

Hi, we're sorry to hear you're having issues with using your mobile data. Is this happening when you're in a certain area or everywhere you go? Please try these steps, they can help

https://bit.ly/37CQWva

Message 12 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have yet received another useless and stupid reply from O2.

I had told them that I did a network check and eliminated it as the problem., as part of my communication with O2 via their network status check site, .. In spite of clearly articulating this in writing and instead of sending me a new sim, as requested, ..they wrote to enlighten me about network status check.

It is becoming so frustrating. I am giving them 48 hrs, if no joy, then I am shopping with the huge option to move to another network.

Message 13 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Stan2022 

Contact Customer Services and tell them that you want a new sim card or pop into an o2 shop and they will give you one there and then. 

The Network Check Pages to be fair are not customer services and go to the NOC Engineers, who will just ignore any CS requests, as they only see correlation data, and technical data.

@O2Ryan  @O2Emma 

Can you helpm here at all as the user is going round and round in circles

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 19

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh I will look into this thanks. 😀

signature
Message 15 of 19

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Stan2022 I will send you a private message so I can look into this for you.

signature
Message 16 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nothing funny about it Ms Emma

I have contacted O2, as much as it is hard to do so, and to get the repetitive non sense by cutting and pasting without reading or rationalising and twice.I very much doubt it if they can read English or comprehend it. Useless O2. Get me a PAC no was the last request.

Message 17 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Stan2022 

She was grinning at me for tagging to help, and not at your issue.

@O2Emma  is a part of o2's customer services team based in the UK and will deal with the issue, and I have no reason to doubt that, that is why I tagged her into this thread to help you. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 19

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Sorry if my message to @madasaf1sh has offended you was not laughing at you and appreciate it is not a laughing matter if you can check your private messages I have sent you one so I can investigate your data issue as I am one of the O2 advisors on community to help.

signature
Message 19 of 19