Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with O2 data outside home wifi

Stan2022
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My data is not working outside the house/wifi. I tried everything, Switching phone on/off. Followed previously presented advice about switching on airplane mode then off. 

Nothing seems to work. Not just that. Paying for a service that we are not getting plus missing out on work emails and communications when we are outside the house. 

Plus it is impossible to get in touch with customer service. Absolute nightmare.

I stopped, today, by o2 in Hampstead and the staff was on his phone and in his cuckoo land. I explained that I am an O2 customer and I am having problems with data. He said sorry we cannot help, check with your network provider. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stan2022 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know that this forum is for customers. I have tried everything to no avail. I have been guided by o2 automated to check in here. I did check and it seems many are in the same position and without any help.
I tried chat/text/twitter DM, Instagram DM but no replies from o2.

Message 3 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Stan2022 

What phone do you have ?

Have you checked your APN Settings under Mobile Data settings? 

Do you get any error messages

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stan2022 

It's pointless being directed here as we cannot access accounts.

Try resetting your network connections or check your apn against those listed in these guides.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/5...

Also check if there are any issues in your area O2 Service Status

But, if it is account related, You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks!

iPhone XR

correct setting for APN: idata.o2.co.uk

Message 6 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

All settings have been checked.

Also network status checked (in two places: near home and where I was today) and this was good as I was able to communicate with O2. I sent them a description of the problem. Hopefully someone will get back to me and help to sort the problem. It could be a sim issue rather than a phone issue.

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stan2022 

Worth trying a new sim.

You can pop into any O2 store and they will swap it for you for free.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

Stan2022
  • 19 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That was the plan. Hence,  I popped, as previously indicated, to the O2 Shop in Hampstead where I was and they were not helpful. I am now waiting for customers service to get in touch so I shall ask them for an activated sim card. The shop's needs a reactivation which can be a long process to call O2, wait for them to answer, then to take action

Message 9 of 19

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @Stan2022. Good luck with this. If you can keep us updated, I'm sure the members above and any other customers with similar issues who come across this thread, will appreciate it. Thanks.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 10 of 19