Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legit?

Dingham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got an email from: s-email-o2.co.uk today about direct debts. The email content itself seems legit but this domain bothers me, why isn't o2 using subdomains if it is legit.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

If you doubt the message then get in contact with o2 by calling them on 202 from your phone, or using social media.

Never click on any links in suspicious emails, and report it to the email in the guide below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Phishing-Smishing-amp-Scams-Latest-info-amp-advice/m-p/13...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

If you doubt the message then get in contact with o2 by calling them on 202 from your phone, or using social media.

Never click on any links in suspicious emails, and report it to the email in the guide below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Phishing-Smishing-amp-Scams-Latest-info-amp-advice/m-p/13...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I've just tried that address on my PC and it goes nowhere (Telling me Firefox can't find it, also Bit defender won't allow it).

So if it can't get past my PC, it's probably junk @Dingham.

As it's talking about direct debits I would contact O2's payment management, just to make sure.

Details here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

To pay bills, ask for payment extensions or query bills etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Myusernamehasgo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was this a legitimate email? TIA

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6657 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

I would follow the advice by @Cleoriff @ in the post above yours

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5