cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to share data between contracts?

Cellular_Data
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently took out a addtional contract with O2 for a tablet in addtion to my handset contract.

Is it possible to share the data from my handset package with the tablet without tethering?.

I.E if you get 25GB can this be shared between both the tablet and the phone as one?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cellular_Data yes you can, but you need a lead device which is data sharing capable and additional devices on specific tariff's to allow sharing https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cellular_Data yes you can, but you need a lead device which is data sharing capable and additional devices on specific tariff's to allow sharing https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Cellular_Data
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mi5

Thanks for your reply.

It States that it requires a

O2 Refresh tariff with 1GB or more of data.

The issue is the contract was purchased not from O2 directly and it's not on a O2 refresh tariff. It's from a company like Carphone Warehouse and i'm apparently on a standard tariff.

I do have a option to change tariffs but i'm currently paying around £67.00pm but if i want to switch to the exact same tariff with O2 it's going to cost £92.00pm which I don't actually get?

Let me show you a screen capture.

O2 confusion.png

Now the package above includes double data from the comparison site so it's effectively the same tariff for £30.00 a month more.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd say tethering was your best option.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely go down the tethering option. I don't know why O2 make data sharing so difficult and so expensive.

Message 5 of 5