cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection in Mercedes C Class

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my car has the ability to connect to the internet through my Iphone 6  pay monthly. The car pairs with the phone using bluetooth no problem, and making and receiving calls is fine. The issue comes when i try to connect to the internet. The message is 'Data communication is temporarily unavailable'. This also happens with my work samsun phone also on O2. But with the Mercedes dealership, we got all different phones on all different networks to work with no problem. It is purely O2. Mercedes say they are not aware of anything, so i am trying so far unsuccessfully to get some thoughts or answers from O2.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems so, Carrier: O2 19.0
Message 61 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue; I have an iPhone 5s on O2 Pay Monthly and everything works with COMAND except the internet.I had the phone and settings checked by the O2 Guru in Cheltenham and he passed the phone and the settings on the car and phone. I tried an EE SIM in my wife's Samsung phone and it worked great!

I have taken the car back to M-B three times where they make sympathetic noises but nothing changes. I'm not really sure why I need Internet in the car, but if it has it, then I want it to work!

I guess M-B know about this but when I was preparing to order the car the salesman told me how well it all worked with an iPhone, so I did an early upgrade. This means that I am with the O2 contract for 24 months.

Using my wife's phone with the EE SIM, I've tried several ideas, including trying to use the Bluetooth to my phone and the Internet to my wife's: it will only accept one device. 

Message 62 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same problem. I had HTC One M8 that wouldn't connect to the internet, I was told by MB the phone is not compatible. I did an early upgrade and got a Samsung Galaxy S5, still the same. I've been to the MB dealer twice and thre is nothing they can do.

Any suggestions?

Message 63 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try an EE payg sim in your phone which will prove if the issue is with the o2 network or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 64 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been trying for months now to use my iPhone6 in my CLA to no avail. Phone all ok for calls in/out & msgs but not Internet. Garage connected ip5 ok & was told 6 not compatible with ios8 now has io9 installed which is supposed to cure problem but still won't work. I'm on O2 not sure if problem with them, MB or ip6 given up now. Still get data connection failed MSG. 

Message 65 of 92

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We suspect O2 carrier settings but only a guess......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 66 of 92

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We suspect O2 carrier settings but only a guess......

I think it's a certainty. No problems on other networks...?

Message 67 of 92

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It appears not - EE seems to work OK.

Currently using:
Message 68 of 92

Chris_81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anybody tried this again recently?

I gave it a go in my 2015 c class today, could never get it to connect with my o2 iPhone 6 before, but today it made a connection and could use the comand apps etc.

I disconnected and reconnected to check it wasn't a one-off, and it worked fine the second time.

Would be good to know whether this now works for anyone else or whether I got lucky!
Message 69 of 92

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Buy me a Merc and I'll check it out .....:smileywink:

seriously, something has obviously changed so I hope it's the same for everyone.

Message 70 of 92