cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, some feedback on the international call tariffs:

- Well done on the roaming simplification. The 50p min charge is annoying for very short calls but it works excellently if you are on the phone for any material time. £1.99 per day data charge is similarly reasonable although you should quantify the data limit without having to go onlne (and thus incur £1.99) to read the small print - bit more transparency please guys.

- Calls from UK to EU - £0.40 per minute... Really? How have Ofcom (or the European equivalent) let this one go? When I spoke to the O2 help guy I sid "terrible pricing" and he said "yes it is" which says it all really. Crazy prices and you should offer better options. £10 /mth bundle to get 100 minutes to mobiles isn't great and you should have some kind of half way option rather than absolutely killing all your clients that make occasional international calls.

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you make Internatioonal calls there are 2 offers which O2 do.

International Favourites:

o2.co.uk/if

3000 minutes to 3 landline numbers, sometimes 100 minutes to any mobile, sometimes a call-me number for the country. £10 per month.

3000 minutes to 5 landline numbers, sometimes 100 minutes to any mobile, sometimes a call-me number for the country. £20 per month.

International Extras:

www.o2.co.uk/internationalextras

Minute allowances for a list of countries. £5 or £10 per request.

I agree with you that there should be better offers and hopefully O2 have some in the pipeline that rival the great Roaming rates they offer.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Opium - I knew about the first one but landline is no use to me. The second option I hadn't heard of but doesn't appear to cover any EU countries. O2 should be looking at extending the second option or adding other bundles/rates etc. Cheers

Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

what about the o2 international calling card ? http://www.o2.co.uk/callingcard

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks pretty good! Thanks!

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have worked out worse with the data decreasing to 15mb yet payg still gets 25mb Hardly a fair deal for all is it

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that - poor from O2...

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know we should all complain really

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. That's what I will do. Notwithstanding the fact that 15MB is really low for £1.99, we are seemingly being punished for being on a contract. 

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I agree and there are quite a few things like this ie an 0800 call is 15p a minute on payg and 20.4p on contract that's not the same fair deal for all customers which is what o2 says they do

Message 10 of 12