Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 7: Part Timer

Insurance

Does anyone take out insurance with o2? I know you can get phone insurance through your bank and depending on your home insurance it maybe covered with that, but to insure an S5 with o2 would cost £12.50 a month which seem a hell of alot.

Anonymous

Re: Insurance

Try places like protectmybubble I think it is called. Generally cheaper.
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,191

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.Smiley Wink

Topics: 762

I have a Nationwide account which gives me mobile insurance and travel insurance. It also provides me with a card that incurs NO charges when withdrawing money or paying for anything whilst abroad.

This costs me £10 a month and is well worth every penny Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,191

I have the same Nationwide FlexPlus account with all the benefits you mention Smiley Happy

Anonymous

Personally I save the money in a pot and then if anything happens I have the £ there.

Bank accounts that charge a monthly fee that include services you might use can add value and are useful to many
Topics: 113

And me, but although it costs £10pm you get interest on the account balance which reduces that cost so it really is a win/win option.

The account also gives you car breakdown cover which has allowed me to drop my AA membership which was in excess of £120pa

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Anonymous

Well I also have it with my bank account with Natwest, travel insurance and mobile insurance, and extended guarantee for all new electronics over 100.00. £12.50 per month.

Having said that I've had O2 insurance before, made a claim, next day had someone taking my poor damaged phone and giving me a new one. It was that easy. Don't know if they still do it but I've nothing but good things to say about the all experience ( and it's not because I work for O2 Smiley Wink )

Topics: 762

@Beenherebefore wrote:

The account also gives you car breakdown cover which has allowed me to drop my AA membership which was in excess of £120pa

I forgot the car breakdown cover Smiley Wink. Well you can see where my priorities lie....in the sun abroad...Happy Dance

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 7: Part Timer

@jonsie wrote:

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.Smiley Wink

Never broken or lost a phone in my life. Sods law now i dont have insurance i will Smiley Tongue