Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone take out insurance with o2? I know you can get phone insurance through your bank and depending on your home insurance it maybe covered with that, but to insure an S5 with o2 would cost £12.50 a month which seem a hell of alot.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try places like protectmybubble I think it is called. Generally cheaper.
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.:smileywink:

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have a Nationwide account which gives me mobile insurance and travel insurance. It also provides me with a card that incurs NO charges when withdrawing money or paying for anything whilst abroad.

This costs me £10 a month and is well worth every penny wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I have the same Nationwide FlexPlus account with all the benefits you mention slight_smile

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I save the money in a pot and then if anything happens I have the £ there.

Bank accounts that charge a monthly fee that include services you might use can add value and are useful to many
Message 6 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

And me, but although it costs £10pm you get interest on the account balance which reduces that cost so it really is a win/win option.

The account also gives you car breakdown cover which has allowed me to drop my AA membership which was in excess of £120pa

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I also have it with my bank account with Natwest, travel insurance and mobile insurance, and extended guarantee for all new electronics over 100.00. £12.50 per month.

Having said that I've had O2 insurance before, made a claim, next day had someone taking my poor damaged phone and giving me a new one. It was that easy. Don't know if they still do it but I've nothing but good things to say about the all experience ( and it's not because I work for O2 wink )

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

The account also gives you car breakdown cover which has allowed me to drop my AA membership which was in excess of £120pa

I forgot the car breakdown cover :smileywink:. Well you can see where my priorities lie....in the sun abroad...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I use my bank account insurance but also have personal items on my home insurance. £12.50/month is a lot....unless of course you lose or break the phone.:smileywink:

Never broken or lost a phone in my life. Sods law now i dont have insurance i will 😛

Message 10 of 15