Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Default - About to lose mortgage

Pollyjean2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently in the process of buying a house and have just applied for the new mortgage only to discover that O2 have incorrectly applied a default to my file.

In November 2019, I returned a mobile phone to you well within the 14 day return period and took a different mobile/tariff which is now my active account - all up to date with no late payments.

In December I received an email advising that I owed £740.65 for another mobile phone that I have never used.  I immediately called your customer service team to query it and they confirmed that I did not owe the money and the account would be closed and not to worry.

I am in the process of moving house and have just had my new mortgage declined becaue O2 have have incorrectly issued a default notice on my credit file.  I have spent 2 days calling Customer Service and spoken with 4 people being passed from pillar to post only to be told today that I need to email credit referrals and cant actually speak to anyone.

Does anyone have any advice about how I can get a response fairly quickly?  I can see from posts here that people have waited up to 21 days for a reply!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Pollyjean2019 

The only way to contact credit referrals is by email as customer service have told you.

Maybe @Martin-O2 can assist?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Pollyjean2019 

I will ask our managers to see if they can help @Marjo @Martin-O2 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Pollyjean2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much to you both.  Cant believe I am in this position - my credit report has always been really good!  Finally found our dream home and cant face the prospect of losing it due to an error O2 have made.

Message 4 of 6

Scotthan84
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm interested to know if this was resolved for you? I am currently in a very similar situation regarding incorrect defaults on my account for two tablet devices that were returned. I too am in a position where I am looking it buy my first home and had I not acquired my full credit file I would not have known about this error 

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions