cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling SMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

TuGO worked perfectly for me allowing both wifi calling and SMS. Running a business in a Not Spot in Norfolk now O2 wifi calling only allows calls and even then intermittently, sometimes having to switch into and out of plane mode. Can I have TuGO back please or enable wifi calling to send and receive SMS

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
SMS function has been promised for this year sometime, but Tugo will not be returning unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
SMS function has been promised for this year sometime, but Tugo will not be returning unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous With reference to @MI5's reply, on a separate note, if you're trying to run a business, relying totally on a mobile connection isn't the best option. You really should have a land line as a backup if nothing else. The expense of the land line can be paid for by the business.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'm assuming @Anonymous has a compatible device or else it wouldn't be working at all ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes I edited my reply.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, I see now slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appereciate that but like to keep everything together in one system if I can. The frustrating thing was that everything worked fine with TUGO and chaning to a new system should bring benefits not loss of service

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a S4 Active that worked fine with TuGo but has to upgrade to Samsung J3 to allow wifi calling
Message 8 of 15

jonnymk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Two of the major UK networks with 2G/3G on the 900MHz band (the one that passes through buildings better) both do not support SMS over full-stack IMS (Wi-Fi Calling/VoLTE). O2 is one of these.

The other two major UK Networks, the ones who do not have 2G/3G capacity on this band and instead use 1800MHz or higher for 2G/3G (the one that does not pass through buildings better), do indeed support SMS over full-stack IMS (Wi-Fi Calling/VoLTE). 

I don't suppose this is a co-incdience but a feature enabled out of necessity on the latter two networks. This makes sense and explains the current state, especially whilst O2 still have a strong 2G network that supports SMS.

However, as O2 re-farm their 2G capacity with a stronger 4G service (already starting to happen in some areas), they will definately need to enable SMS over full-stack IMS so it can work on 4G as well, and to off-load traffic to WiFi if anything.

Message 9 of 15

Junior
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 75 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any update from o2 staff on when SMS
over WiFi will be launched? I know Voice over WiFi is live but this doesn’t help when the bank sends you a verification SMS message! Both EE and Three offer this so why can’t o2? Also, Sky mobile offer this and then use o2’s network!!!!
Message 10 of 15