Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incentive/Discount to move from O2 PAYG to O2 Pay Monthly

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is anyone aware of any incentives or discounts for an O2 customer to move from PAYG to pay monthly?

I had a chat with an adviser about it a few weeks ago when I was considering changing and today I have had a chat with an adviser regarding the tariff changes tomorrow and which would be best for me, however the advisor claims to be unaware of any offers.

I know customer loyalty doesn't mean much nowadays but surely the offer could not have been completely removed from it being offered to me just a few weeks ago?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemz

I'd speak to Cs via 202 tbh not live chat if that's the route you took or pop into an 02 shop.

Or ring back on202 as you may get a more knowledgeable agent.

Remember O2 run the fair deal Policy where both new and existing customer gets the same deals.

The link I got as a payg customer was ;

http://www.o2.co.uk/pricechange which with 2gb of data in the £20 tariff is enough to keep me happy.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemz

I'd speak to Cs via 202 tbh not live chat if that's the route you took or pop into an 02 shop.

Or ring back on202 as you may get a more knowledgeable agent.

Remember O2 run the fair deal Policy where both new and existing customer gets the same deals.

The link I got as a payg customer was ;

http://www.o2.co.uk/pricechange which with 2gb of data in the £20 tariff is enough to keep me happy.
Message 2 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I was going to go to the £20 per month PAYG tariff for 2GB of data, as that would be fine,  but for an extra £1 per month I would get unlimited calls and texts on the Pay Monthly deal.
I was definitely told that they would calculate my usage as well as the length of time that I had been an O2 customer and I would receive a discount.  A discount would mean that it is a cheaper tariff.

Anyways i'll do what you say and pop into an O2 store to discuss it.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fair enough.

I don't use the minutes per month I have now so it's the data aspect for me. wink
Message 4 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I am the same - I use less minutes but I text a lot as well as data when I am not home as there aren't many free wifi signals available.

I decided to try O2 livechat again.  I was transferred 3 times where I was finally told that I would get a discount of one month free (which would be applied to the second bill).  I was also told that my PAYG credit will be transferred to my monthly bill. This is very tempting.  I have only ever been on pay monthly once and it was a disaster with mobile data, however I was more of a novice then and didn't know how to turn data on and off lol.

The tariff is the 12 month £21 tariff with unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 2GB of data - compared to the new PAYG tariff (as of tomorrow) of £20 per month for 4000 texts, 400 minutes and 2GB of data.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool.

As long as your comfortable being locked in for a year your good to go.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well @Gemz4tge1 I've changed my payg tariff today to the Big Bundle £20, which starts on the 31st.

Hope you get yours sorted too. slight_smile
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I did the change this morning by Myo2 with my anniversary date being 31/5/14 and O2 sent me this a short while ago.

"O2: Great news. You've now got a £20 Big Bundle with 4000 texts, 400 minutes and 2GB of data until 29 Jun. We've taken £20 off your balance."
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
On my original 4G payg go go go I got 1Gb of data.

On this new bug bundle it's 2Gb of Data.

A bit leap for a Payg customer @jonsie slight_smile

Happy days.
Message 10 of 13