cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If it works, fix it... with 2 bills!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, i've just completed a customer survey and this is what i put, i wanted to share this with everyone, since, i think that having 2 bills is just a little silly. Hopefully anyone else having the same problem can post their own experiences here and, if enough do, maybe someone at o2 might read and take note.

I also just checked to see if i was making a double post and although the results that o2 came back with imply that i am not, i read another post which made me want to check something. It turns out that not only am i getting 2 seperate bills a month, they're on different dates, oh my!

Anyhow, here is the wall of text that i put into my customer survey, if you agree or not, i'd be quite interested in other peoples opinions, even if o2 are not.

There is now 2 bills to be paid, airtime and tariff, when there only needs to be one. I have been informed that the reason for this is to allow people to upgrade early, however, having been with o2 since it was Cellnet, i have always been able to upgrade early, and, having worked for o2 in the past, i know that people can upgrade at any point, provided they pay the remainder of their current contract. I find it unnecessarily confusing to receive a text stating that i owe a given amount, an email stating i owe a different amount and then log on to my account to find that i owe yet a different amount, again. Furthermore, because i am disabled and take various medications that effect things like memory, this only exacerbates things. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there, when i pay my bill online (setting up a direct debit is not currently an option for me), i have to do them separately, meaning having to put in my card details twice... and, it doesn't even stop there, having paid one bill, i had to log in again to pay the second (i am aware that i can choose for my browser to remember my account details, however, it's meant to be a choice, so, i shouldnt be punished i.e. having to relog into my account, for not having it remember my log in details), greatly increasing the margin for error, the time it takes to pay my bills and the inconvenience it causes due to the aforementioned disabilities... does it stop there? of course it doesn't, looking at my account, i am informed that for a disconnected bill, there is a 'Total amount due of £16.18, that You have payments outstanding and to Please contact O2 Customer Service or visit www.o2.co.uk immediately to make a payment.', this, by the way is for an account that was closed and paid a quarter of a year ago. I have contacted o2 about this and been informed that i should 'just ignore it, its fine'. It seems that someone thought 'it works, so lets fix it... why have one bill and allow people to upgrade when they want, when we can give people two bills, inform them of different amounts via different methods and make it all a little more confusing'. In the grand scheme of things, all that has really happened is that the customers that had the most problems with bills or understanding them now have it a little worse.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Tbh though it's in the t&c's that you've to pay by direct debit, so it's not like it's something you'd not have realised!

It really is simpler to pay by DD.
Message 11 of 11