Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door swap?

Paul112
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I recently ordered the Galaxy S6 on contract, upon receiving it I noticed a black dot under the screen to the bottom left, the advisor via Live Chat said that she had ordered a door step swap within 1-3 working days, has anyone ever done this before and how long has it usually took the new device to arrive? Also what will I need to do with the one I have here will they need the box too or just the phone?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to put it back into the box as was but remove the sim card. However you need to check tyhat the replacement has everything first, battery (if applicable), cha\rger etc.

Message 2 of 6

Paul112
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Jonsie! slight_smile I hope the next replacement is OK, on another forum I've seen a user get there's replaced 4 times all for the same issue, I don't know if the actual screen is damaged or a bit dust/dirt managed to get in when it was manufactured
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the next one is no good just swap it again until you get one worth the money wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Paul112
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lol I didn't want to ask them at first but seeing it there was doing my head in and it being a brand new device it shouldn't be there anyway, thanks to o2 though for the swap I can't wait to get it so I can finally have a play on it lol
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It'll be well worth the wait....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6