cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 contract price question

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are looking at getting an iphone 6 each preferably on o2 as this the best network in our area. I have been looking into contracts and have found some that are available but not directly from o2! Obviously we want the best deal but not sure why some company can offer a 24 month contract on o2 at £38.00 a month with no upfront cost (1gb data unlimited calls and texts) but this is not available from o2?! Can someone please advise why and if we could get this deal from o2? Thanks in advance 😊

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

As the OP asked for any other suggestions I gave one re the Note 4.

I don't need guidance regarding going back on topic thank you.

How did you go off topic @Cleoriff Not sure I see that. 

Giving the OP alternative options is healthy isn't it? 

Good Idea

Message 21 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did I say it wasn't !

The Op has stated they want the iPhone 6.

The discussion was on different contracts and where to acquire the contract and iPhone 6 from.

After giving examples of O2 and other Networks the reply from the op was they needed to look into this more after being given alternative routes on contracts and outlets.

Kudo's all around 😉
Message 22 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did I say it wasn't !

The Op has stated they want the iPhone 6.

The discussion was on different contracts and where to acquire the contract and iPhone 6 from.

After giving examples of O2 and other Networks the reply from the op was they needed to look into this more after being given alternative routes on contracts and outlets.

Kudo's all around 😉
I think as a whole the community has advised the OP in the best possible way - they are now considering options that they hadn't thought of before and the advice is coming from all directions, so any bias is filtered out.
Not going to get such clear advice from anywhere else.
Message 23 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

As the OP asked for any other suggestions I gave one re the Note 4.

I don't need guidance regarding going back on topic thank you.

How did you go off topic @Cleoriff Not sure I see that. 

Giving the OP alternative options is healthy isn't it? 

Good Idea

OK, my idea is to get two empty baked bean cans and a bit of string, and make your own phone network, after all the OP said it was for her and her husband, and they can get unlimited minutes between the cans.

Message 24 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to go with the cans and string maybe we can adapt it so the kids can join 😉

In all honesty I am a Samsung fan but its all iPhones in my house my decision is being swayed in the plea direction 😊
Message 25 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
*Apple
Message 26 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have to go with the cans and string maybe we can adapt it so the kids can join 😉

In all honesty I am a Samsung fan but its all iPhones in my house my decision is being swayed in the plea direction 😊

I'm an android fan, (specifically samsung although I'm not 100% satisfied), but I have played around with iPhones and I do admit that there are some things that they do well, (sorry @Cleoriff !).  The mail/messaging app is fast and responsive, (although the encryption/signing stuff is much better on my Note 3).  The screen is bright and clear.  And....

No wait, I can't think of anything else I really like Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123272 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  and a Happy New Year to you....:smileywink:

Not sure about the cans and string for the kids.... will be quite noisy....Horrified

One of our senior members on here lives with a split choice family. By that I mean, he is Samsung all the way but his wife and daughter are in the iPhone camp. Makes for some very interesting banter I believe LOL

I am Samsung along with my husband... but my son wont have anything else but Iphone... so each to their own is my motto wink

Whatever deal you decide on I hope you come back and update us.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi if you went directly with O2 you would sign up to the refresh tariff which includes a separate handset plan & a device plan for 24 months but you can pay the cost of the phone off at any time you wish to do so. If you went with an independent such as CPW then you will be locked into a standard 24 month contract with none of the perks that I have stated above that come from a refresh tariff which you can only get online or in your local O2 store
Message 29 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone I really hate is a really weird motorola a girlfriend had a couple of years ago...

Now I am fairly technically minded, but this phone was just weird to the extreme, and had a really irritaing message tone that went, "duh-da-dee-da-did!".  Make me want to drop the thing in a bucket of water Destroy.

One day we had to get up early, and she set the alarm on this thing.  I woke up at 02:00 terrified at this robotic cockrel that was somewhere in the pitch black room getting louder and louder.

I detest that phone with avengence Destroy.

I still have nightmares about it. Destroy

It was created solely to bully me for the rest of my life.  Destroy

Any idea what model it was, anyone?

Message 30 of 57