cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 contract price question

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are looking at getting an iphone 6 each preferably on o2 as this the best network in our area. I have been looking into contracts and have found some that are available but not directly from o2! Obviously we want the best deal but not sure why some company can offer a 24 month contract on o2 at £38.00 a month with no upfront cost (1gb data unlimited calls and texts) but this is not available from o2?! Can someone please advise why and if we could get this deal from o2? Thanks in advance 😊

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
You probably won't get a better deal but you never know until you call and ask.
Message 2 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their iphones are available on the refresh tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

24 month standard ones are available through CPW. They can offer sometimes better deals as they can sweeten the deals but your stuck in the contract for 2 years unless you pay it off.

With refresh you can pay off the handset plan and reduce your monthly payments or upgrade again anyone.

Edit : spelling.
Message 3 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I thought its quite a big ask considering o2 prices, might just go for it as its still o2 network just not directly from them.
Message 4 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could try Giffgaff (owned by o2 and uses o2 network). Approx £25 per month for the device then you buy monthly goody bags so 1gb data unlimited texts but only 500 minutes is £12 giving you £37 per month.

Tesco Mobile do iPhone 6 at £41 per month giving you 3000 minutes 5000 texts and 3gb data. Also on o2 network.

Both work on refresh style contracts.
Message 5 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
The choice is yours as long as your happy with the price and being locked in a 24 month contract.

I assume you won't be using any discounts such as open or friends and family as they are only available directly through O2.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will continue to look into it never thought of Giff Gaff or Tesco, thanks for that.

If i am signing up to a 24 month contract i want to get a good deal dont mind paying it off if i see somthing i like close to the end of the contract but i am usually happy to sit it out for the duration!

Message 7 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy hunting.

Perhaps would you let us know what you opt for ?
Message 8 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are looking at getting an iphone 6 each preferably on o2 as this the best network in our area. I have been looking into contracts and have found some that are available but not directly from o2! Obviously we want the best deal but not sure why some company can offer a 24 month contract on o2 at £38.00 a month with no upfront cost (1gb data unlimited calls and texts) but this is not available from o2?! Can someone please advise why and if we could get this deal from o2? Thanks in advance 😊

38 quid a month for 24 months is 912 quid in total.

The handset is 539 from the official apple store, which from the same budget leaves 373 quid left over.  If you spread that out over 24 months it works out at 15.54 a month.

For an extra 46p a month you can get a sim only deal from O2 for 1 gig of data and 1000 minutes, with unlimited texts.

And thats only a 12 month contract.

If you can buy the handset up front, that would be a good deal for you...

Message 9 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or for £12.50 a month 1500 minutes 5000 texts and 1gb.

Have you considered Quidco or TopCashBack sites where to may get cash back deals?
Message 10 of 57