Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my O2 sim pay as you go to pay monthly

Abubakar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

xxxxxxxxxxx this is ky O2 Pas as you go number , i want to change into pay monthly

[mod edit: please do not post phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Abubakar

Frst of all please remove your mobile number from this public forum. As anyone with a nefarious purpose can use your number for spam or cold calling....

You will need to signup for a new contract and pass the credit check, once you have the handset and / or simcard with the temporary number then: 

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Abubakar

Frst of all please remove your mobile number from this public forum. As anyone with a nefarious purpose can use your number for spam or cold calling....

You will need to signup for a new contract and pass the credit check, once you have the handset and / or simcard with the temporary number then: 

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

O2Tracey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 103 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

You can also call into store and they will do the credit check for you and transfer the number at the same time. You will need your bank card and maybe a driving licence or passport depending on your credit score.
Message 3 of 3