cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to cancel my order

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently ordered a new handset and it is due for delivery today but need to cancel.  This is a 2nd new contract that I was setting up for my partner but he has already gone ahead and got his own contract lol so much for this being a surprise.  I know that there is a cooling off period but I ordered online can anyone tell me the procedure to cancel this off?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Decline the delivery so the phone is sent back.

Yes you have 7 days cooling off period.

You'll need to contact O2 on 202 Customer Services.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Decline the delivery so the phone is sent back.

Yes you have 7 days cooling off period.

You'll need to contact O2 on 202 Customer Services.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW did'nt expect such a quick response so just tell the courier to take it back call 202 and tell them to cancel?  Is it that easy?

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

When you decline the delivery make sure they give you some documentation which if needed proves you are not in receipt of the handset.

It may take a short while to show the phone back with O2.

However it's imperative you PHONE 02 to make sure they note you are cancelling within the 7 days cooling off period.

Watch your bank account just incase.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Link to one of our community guides on cancelling http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have to say on a personal note, I wouldn't be happy to refuse delivery at the door.

I know it can be custom and practice for some things....but I would be worried about 'where the item would end up'....Rolleys

Also...by refusing it, you have no option of checking what is in the parcel and its condition

I would prefer to take total responsibility for its return....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

My feelings too. The delivery guy may not have any paperwork to give you. I prefer to return it direct with proof of postage.

Message 8 of 9

Mark05
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you all, i will ring monday and see what they say and if the phone turns up tuesday i will just return it myself and like you said i wont have anyway of tracking it.

Message 9 of 9