cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't ring the Mother In Law!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I know you may be asking yourself where the problem is, but neither myself or my wife can ring her phone. She is on Vodafone and we are both on O2. Whenever we try to ring her we get a recorded message saying "The number you have dialled cannot be recognised". We can send her texts with no problems. The wife and I can and do ring plenty of people on the Vodafone network without any issues. She has been to the shop where she bought it and they have just said it's a problem with O2 which sounds a bit of a cop out. They have changed her sim card and it's still the same. I said she should ring Vodafone directly instead of going into a shop, but she's not easily directed!

Any help would be greatfully received, as although I don't want to ring her that often, sometimes needs must! 😉

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 79 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If you're getting a recorded message, that would imply the call is terminating somewhere, as opposed to being dumped to an NU tone.

I would try calling her from another network (fixed or mobile)... if the same issue, then clearly the problem is with the terminating network/phone. If that call connects, then there's your answer.

Again, that texts send would imply there is some divert/answerphone turned off/call blocking inplace and the problem is at her end.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Lucky you slight_smile
Check she has not got you added to her call block list. There is no way O2 can prevent you from calling Voda numbers wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does sound like a call block in in place from your numbers
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome thread title.

slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that'd be right if she blocked me! 😉

Thanks all, I'll give it a try and report back to you!

Thanks again

Message 5 of 6

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 79 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If you're getting a recorded message, that would imply the call is terminating somewhere, as opposed to being dumped to an NU tone.

I would try calling her from another network (fixed or mobile)... if the same issue, then clearly the problem is with the terminating network/phone. If that call connects, then there's your answer.

Again, that texts send would imply there is some divert/answerphone turned off/call blocking inplace and the problem is at her end.

Message 6 of 6