Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huwaei P10 - out of stock?

Arek83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered new phone (upgarde) on last sunday. Being told thath my phone will be ready to collect on 18th. Went on 19, wasn't in. Spoke to guy on o2 chat, he said it's on way and will be in store on 19th 5pm. Ok then. Spoke with o2 guy on chat again today 20th , he said it's ready to collect and passed me 4 digid code. Went to the o2 store... and is not in!!!
So, again o2 chat 20 mins ago... and the woman said the phone is out of stock... brilliant nobody tell be about this before. Lost my time etc.
Asked when it will be available, she said we will let you know.
Week? Two? Maybe 6 month???
Will wait next 7 days, if nothing happens will cancel my contract after 5 years with o2
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143446 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There’s always a shortage when a new phone is launched.
Add to the fact that o2 don’t have a live stock system means no one really knows what stock is available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, the P10 is almost a year old, launched at around £700, and is now showing as out of stock. I'm guessing that it's recent spec. upgrade; together with a price reduction (£380 device plan + £9.99 upfront) as a result of the (in stock) P20 and P20 Pro launch has ironically boosted demand.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143446 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah your right, I was thinking P20 but the sorry state of O2's stock taking system still stands.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As it's an older model and now out of stock, i just wonder where they will get new stock from. I know what I would  be doing.........

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call customer service rather than rely on chat. Most of the time, they have no idea about anything 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah your right, I was thinking P20 but the sorry state of O2's stock taking system still stands.

Not just O2 - I remember back in 2007 waiting like an expectant father for delivery of my Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition in Black from CPW. The most beautiful phone ever made! That was plagued by stock problems and in very high demand. The OS and display were rubbish and it wasn't that solidly built, despite being almost entirely covered in stainless steel, but it looked amazing, and was great to hold. 

Nokia lost the plot after that and released ever more elaborate versions of the 8800 - Gold plate, leather embossed, carbon fibre and so on, one even had a sapphire embedded into it.  

But that meant you couldn't be sure that what you were buying was genuine (Germany or Korea) or knock off (China)  as the copies were so good. And being as they retailed from 1500 notes up to silly money getting them on contract was a non starter. And even now you can find supposedly ''new" ones on sale for over a grand, for a phone that was discontinued 8 years ago and doesn't even have 3g!! 

Ironically Huawei today have some of the most elaborate anti-forgery safeguards I've ever seen. Esp on their easy to reproduce accessories..... 

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ridiculous state of affairs for the OP.

Particularly when one of the new forum members said yesterday they never ever had problems with click and collect.

We see this sort of post regularly ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Arek83, did you get any further update on your phone status since you last posted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

Arek83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Emillie,

There is another problem, uk mail said he don't received any goods from o2, o2 said they despatch the phone... another advisor said it's out of stock etc every body said different words. Spoke to an advisor yesterday and he will send me new one again. Should be some update this mornig but again nothing... will wait to this Saturday, after thath will cancel my contract (14 days policy)
Message 10 of 11