cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How/why is my Classic Pay As You Go credit going down?

3Braces
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

Is there any way of seeing how PAYG credit is being used up?

I switched to PAYG a couple of weeks ago and I'm frustrated that I can't see where my credit is going. I don't use my phone much at all yet my credit seems to be going down in ways I can't account for. When I am at home, my phone automatically connects to the home WiFi network. I barely use the phone for internet 'stuff' anyway, even less so when I am out and about, and I've hardly made any calls or texts yet my credit is mysteriously going down.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing or knows what's going on? Is it because of apps trying to draw down data when I'm away from the home WiFi network?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most likely data use when away from wifi so turn off mobile data and just leave wifi on to stop this.
The only way to see usage on a PAYG account is by requesting a SAR which costs £10 a time and can take upto 6 weeks so not really practical for your purposes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most likely data use when away from wifi so turn off mobile data and just leave wifi on to stop this.
The only way to see usage on a PAYG account is by requesting a SAR which costs £10 a time and can take upto 6 weeks so not really practical for your purposes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2