cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew monthly contract after message that you are out of contract? Human please!

ShiftiShona
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been advised by phone message my minimum airtime contract has expired. Customer services not helpful, I cannot get to a human. I tried web and cannot find in either my 02 or my account etc how to do this. Is there any way I can e-mail O2 and at what address. I have spent all day trying to contact a human. Help

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ShiftiShona 

Your contract will continue to run on a rolling 30 day basis unless you cancel.

If you wish to upgrade you can call 202 and say "upgrade" or you can do it through the options in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ShiftiShona 

Your contract will continue to run on a rolling 30 day basis unless you cancel.

If you wish to upgrade you can call 202 and say "upgrade" or you can do it through the options in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@ShiftiShona

o2 dont offer email support.

If you cant find anything in myo2, then it sounds like one of o2's "trusted partners" on the prowl, as o2 wont call you to say you are out of contract.

If you need to contact o2 you can do so via live chat if and when an agent is free by going to https://www.o2.co.uk/contact us or dialling 202 or 0844 809 0202

When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your contract just carries on a monthly basis until you want to cancel or upgrade

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Do nothing if you want to keep the contract running or possibly look at upgrading to a sim only contract if you are happy with your phone

You will probably get a better deal if you want to upgrade via My O2.

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Does your my o2 say that your minimum term has been reached, or that you are available to upgrade?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5