cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to potentially leave your contract penalty free

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now, I'm not saying this is guarenteed or anything but it's worth a go for reasons I'll explain later so please no comments regarding whether it will or won't work. It's better than doing nothing.

This link

http://www.saga.co.uk/money/news/2014/january/what-can-you-do-if-your-mobile-phone-bill-has-suddenly...

Explains all the necessary actions you need to take to challenge the 2.7% increase in pay monthly tarriffs.

Please read the whole link as there is different advice for different situations.

For information I have complained to O2 and it has been rejected HOWEVER it has beeen taken up by the Communications Ombudsman so fingers crossed.

Now, because of this. This has cost O2 £300.00 which is by far more than they will get from me from the price hike so even if the Ombudsman rejects it it has still cost O2 more than their 2.7% hike that they'll get from me so it won't be all bad.

Like I've said so far as it's a new increase and obviously rulings (if any) will not have come into force yet so it's a trial at the moment.

There are various ways you can pursue this and all is explained in the link however some are free and some are paid. The route you choose is your choice, I personally have chosen the free route.

Like I said please read all the link first and follow the advice to the letter and we should (Fingers Crossed) get somewhere with this.

Good Luck

Gillsfankev

Credit for discovering this goes to member BROWNI

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Tina,

Please take a look at the link adamtemp64 has posted (Thanks Adam!), as it contains lots of relevant info on this for you to digest.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator. Feel free to send me a private message (by clicking on my name and finding the link to the top-right of my profile page) any time slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 31 of 36

acecco01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all, I took my 24 month contract on 30 october 2012, so still 7 months to go - I would like to switch to another network, any way I could do that without paying the remaining 7 months to o2??

Message 32 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Generally no. Unless there are some extenuating circumstances.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will have to pay up the remainder of your contract, less any bolt ons that you may have.

Message 34 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you looking to change network for a better phone? If so you could consider Speed to Refresh with o2?
Message 35 of 36

acecco01
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

I'm looking to change network and get a sim-only contract, I'm happy with my phone.

Message 36 of 36