cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

i have been looking into getting a pac code ( i'm on pay as you go ) , i have read on forum that i needed to call 4445 in oder to obtain this , but that number only give me 3 recharge automatic menu , no way to talk to anyone there , i tried the live chat ,no luck

so i would appreciate if someone could give me the good number i have to call in order to obtain the pac code ,my new sim arrived today , and has been activated , but can't use it since i have been battling to have precise information on how to get a pac code

any help appreciated

thank you

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
4445 is the number you need.
The top up line is 4444.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
4445 is the number you need.
The top up line is 4444.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

P&G customers have to call customer service on 4445 to get a PAC. It's possible that your present tariff costs 25p to call them. If you have no credit it will direct you to the top up line.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

all i have on 4445 is

press 1 to recharge with bank card

press 2 to use voucher

press 3 to top up another mobile phone

nothing else

and today no live chat either

is that because it's bank holliday?

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Yeah as jonsie says, if you try and make any chargeable call without credit it diverts you to top up.
You cannot use live chat for a PAC anyway.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

why would i charge my sim when i'm moving on a contract... wth this is ridiculous

so basically ,they make people pay to have their pac code

i'm gonna look into that , not sure this is legal

Message 7 of 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

so basically ,they make people pay to have their pac code

Not quite correct, every mobile network provider charges customers to make calls on their network......I can't think of one that doesn't but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144498 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
You could always make a complaint and they might give you 25p
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's perfectly legal. You want to call customer service but due to the t&c of your payg tariff you need to have credit. You could maybe keep the remainder extra credit & use it as a spare sim. 

If you complain just to get 25p don't expect a reply for at least 7 working days 

Message 10 of 14