Did you mean: 

How long until I get disconnected?

MikeyPB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I moved my phone number on to an O2 pay and go sim card because I will be out of the UK for a few years and want to keep my number without paying monthly for a contract. 

I was told by my broker that so long as I make a chageable call at least once every 2 months, my account will remain active. I would like someone from O2 to verify this is true and to verify how often I need to use my phone. 

*Does the call period need to be over a certian length?

*Will sending a text message be ok? 

*How frequently do I need to use my account to keep it active? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to make any chargeable call or text once every 6 months and top up every 999 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to make any chargeable call or text once every 6 months and top up every 999 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days to keep the sim active.

In my experience, sending a text was sufficient when I wanted to keep my wife's number after she passed away. I kept it for 2 years and diarised it to send a text every 6 months. Hat showed it as active on the o2 system.

Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @MikeyPB, how are you doing today? slight_smile Please do let us know if you have any additional questions the community could help you with.

Also, welcome to our forum! Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 7

MikeyPB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the help everybody! 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No worries Mikey slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions