cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop O2 from blocking an unknown caller?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've searched across the forum, but can only find questions asking 'how' to block a number.  I have the opposite problem.  I have never asked O2 to block any numbers, but recently I've had a load of calls 'blocked - unknown'.  I did manage to catch one of them (I'm at work so don't have my phone on me all the time), and it was my doctor - and a pretty important phone call.  Now I'm concerned that the other blocked calls might be from the hospital ... and I would appreciate being given the chance to find out!!!  In the past, when a number has come up as blocked, I haven't even been able to answer the phone - I was surprised yesterday when I actually could speak to the doctor - and this adds to my anxiety over O2 blocking these numbers.  My gp doesn't phone from a premium rate line!!!  Is there anyway I can get O2 to STOP blocking numbers, and allow me to use my own intelligence as to whether I answer the call or not?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you saying that the caller ID says "Blocked" when the call comes in? If so, this is set from the persons phone who is calling you and nothing to do with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if you say what phone you have someone may be able to help.

O2 do not block any calls of this type so it may be a handset function

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you saying that the caller ID says "Blocked" when the call comes in? If so, this is set from the persons phone who is calling you and nothing to do with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3