Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a replacement SIM?

FamousFive
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am extremely frustrated by O2 and think the easiest way to resolve this it to switch to Vodafone.

I have (what I think) is a very simple request: I need a Nano SIM for my new Iphone11. My current iPhone6 SIM is too big and there is no cut out for the Nano size (old SIM I assume)

I have dialled 202. The option there "1" to "talk about this number" takes me to "1" for Urgent Covid cases or no other choice other than go back to website. 

If I don't slect "1" the line just hangs up with a "goodbye"

As we are currently self isolating I have also pressed "1" - this goes directly to being disconnected.

I've tried all times of the day but same result.

There is no simple route on the web site - telling you to go to a store or dial 202.I can't go to a store for another week and don't see why I need to anyway.

Why can't you do this on-line?

I have been with O2 for 20+years on a pay monthly SIM. I'd like to stay but they are making it very diffcult for me. In fact it would be easier to get a new monthly SIM contract with Vodafone in order to get a new SIM.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @FamousFive 

This is the best way to get in touch with O2.

Call O2 using any numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Also, press Upgrade, Fraud or Lost and Stolen if given that option.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@FamousFive 

Both phones use a nano SIM so getting a new SIM will only give you the same as you have already.

The SIM needs to be turned over to fit in the SIM tray in the 11.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3