cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out the T&C of my contract?

Charl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I'm moving out of the UK in the next couple of months and not sure whether my tarrif will continue to work. I thought I would check my contract and read the T&Cs but not sure where to start in looking for it. Is the contract obtainable on My o2, is it an email that they send to you, can I go into store and get a copy printed off? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately that isn't allowed under any of the O2 contracts.
You'll have to pay up the contract to leave.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Charl

Your tariff will continue to work as long as you continue paying your bills.

All terms and conditions are here. Choose the one that suits your tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile

Edited to add: These are the terms and conditions for a pay monthly contract https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The T&C's vary depending on when you took the contract but yours will have been emailed to you when you took the contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Charl, and welcome to the forum slight_smile The information above should be a good start but please let us know if there's anything else the Community could help with!

Whereabouts will you be moving to?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

Charl
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @EmilieT I will be moving to Japan!! 😯 Not even sure if I'll be able to make calls/get a signal there, obviously I don't want to pay out more each time I call or text, I assumed I would end up using the phone through Wi-Fi which would render the contract useless to me. I travelled to America and had to buy a basic phone there to be able to send messages so not sure if I'll have to do the same for Japan?

The reason for me asking for the T&Cs is because I read online you can void a contract if you move overseas permanently so I wanted to check if that was an actual thing! That way I can get a phone over there that will work?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately that isn't allowed under any of the O2 contracts.
You'll have to pay up the contract to leave.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Charl
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, for anybody who comes across the same problem as me it's been confirmed, as I have o2 refresh I would need to pay off the remaining balance on the handset, unlock the phone (for free) so it will work across multiple networks, I can then change my tariff to whatever suits, I can lower the package, increase it, or change to a pay as you go (which I will do for the interim while I'm in the UK).
It's a bit of a pain that I have to pay for the handset out right (It's the Samsung galaxy S9 so still got a fair chunk to fork out for) but a solution nonetheless. Thanks for everybody that contributed to this post!
Message 7 of 7