cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel an old contract when I don't know the phone number or account number?

NickB85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Some time ago I took out an o2 pay monthly contract, but I did not end up using the sim.

I recently realised that I have been paying for this contract ever since, but I can't cancel it as I don't know the phone number and have no records of an account number.

Is there any way I can cancel this contract? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You would have to get in touch with customer services to find out @NickB85 , which would include passing any security checks.

If you have the login then you could get a PAC/STAC to get the account closed, but if not then calling (or using social media) is your only hope - but even then they may ask what number you are calling for.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144435 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@NickB85 

They must be able to trace you through a name and address.

If you still have the sim, you can put it in a phone to get your number and account details 

Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

Guide: My O2 App 

If you get no luck from customer services, complaints may be able to trace your account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5769 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@NickB85 

If the suggestions of @gmarkj and @MI5 do not resolve this, I suggest that you contact your bank.

You want to obtain the the unique transaction identification number of your most recent payment to O2. It will be a sixteen digit number.

If you provide that to O2, they can search for your remittance in their accounting records, which will then give them a link to your account.   

Message 4 of 4