Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Leox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've never posted before but am in need of some advice. 

I got a phone on my contract several months ago for a family member who was going through a tough time and needed a phone. Now it's looking like they're planning on not paying.

I know its my own fault and there's not much I can do but what can I do? Can I call o2 to get their services cut off, and if I do can I explain the situation or do I just have to say its been lost/stolen?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Leox 

If everything is in your name just report it lost Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

You will then be sent a new sim to your address and the old sim and phone will be barred.

You will still have to pay the contractual fees but at least you will have the sim card to use.

If you then manage to recover the phone, O2 can remove the bar on that too at your request.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Leox 

If everything is in your name just report it lost Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

You will then be sent a new sim to your address and the old sim and phone will be barred.

You will still have to pay the contractual fees but at least you will have the sim card to use.

If you then manage to recover the phone, O2 can remove the bar on that too at your request.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Leox 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

I  would also agree with the last post

and add :  try and get the phone back 

somehow.

Best of luck