cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help lowering my bill - dont use the phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I no longer use my O2 phone, the contract does not end till September next year.

I realise i will have to keep paying for it, but it would be nice to know how to cut the cost a little every month till i can get rid of the contract.

Once i hit the year mark can i lower the tarriff at least?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

If you took the contract out after March 2012 then you are unable to lower the tariff I'm afraid.

You could however look at any bolt ons you have and cancel them through your My02.

Another option would be to sell the handset and use the funds to help buy out your remaining contract term.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

If you took the contract out after March 2012 then you are unable to lower the tariff I'm afraid.

You could however look at any bolt ons you have and cancel them through your My02.

Another option would be to sell the handset and use the funds to help buy out your remaining contract term.

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

As bandofbrothers has said, the only thing you can do is cancel any bolt-ons. You may as well use up your monthly alloted minutes and texts on your tariff, otherwise you are shelling out for absolutely nothing. You can keep an eye on how many minutes and texts you use by texting BALANCE to 21202.

When your contract is nearing its end, be sure to give O2 30 days notice, otherwise the contract will become a one month rolling contract after the 24 months.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3