Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Unable to Access eSIM QR Code While Abroad

Chenhed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently facing a rather challenging situation and would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice. I'm an O2 customer currently in the United States and unable to return to the UK. Here’s the issue:

A few weeks ago, I requested to transfer my existing eSIM to a new phone. O2 informed me that a new eSIM QR code was sent to me. However, the QR code is only accessible through the O2 app, which requires me to log in using an SMS verification code (I don't have any device that is already logged into the app). Unfortunately, my current SIM card was disabled immediately after I spoke with the assistant on the phone, so I’m unable to receive the SMS and log in to the app.

Because of this, I'm stuck without access to my phone number and unable to use my O2 services. I have all the necessary identification, including my passport, registered email, and answers to security questions, but I can’t visit an O2 store in person to resolve this.

Is there any way I can receive the eSIM QR code via email or through another secure method that doesn’t require SMS verification? Has anyone else faced a similar issue while abroad?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7794 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Plenty of people have experiences the same or similar problems since SMS verification was introduced. People here warned them that there were a myriad of reasons people would not be able to access their phone to log on to My O2 but they persisted and have not introduced a secondary method.

Sadly few have come back to say how they got this fixed, but in all cases it involved having to talk to O2.

I would suggest trying the social media team via the link in the help section  below

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2