cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can't phone O2 and live chat not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
im in France at the moment and there's a call bar on my number that means I can't phone O2. I can receive calls and the Internet works but I cannot make calls (pop up tells me call are barred). I managed to get my sister in England to call O2 yesterday and they said they had requested the bar be removed and it would take between 2 and 24 hours but 25 hours later it is still there. What can I do?

I have tried re-booting my phone every two hours..
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. Forgot to say, she also gave me a £25 credit because I'd had to buy a Spanish SIM.

That softens the disappointment and stress.

Message 41 of 53

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Good for you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. Forgot to say, she also gave me a £25 credit because I'd had to buy a Spanish SIM.

Great. You obviously got someone there who gave a damn @Anonymous They do exist see? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing is, everyone I've spoken to at o2 sounds nice. They all make the same sympathetic noises and apologies but haven't managed to solve the problem. Fingers crossed they have this time. I'm hopeful.
Message 44 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this thread because I'm about to go abroad again for the first time since my conversation with o2's Complaint Review Service where they promised that my phone would fully work the next time I went abroad.  This time, I'm going to Holland.

I took the precaution of emailing o2 to ask that they triple check there's nothing wrong with my account.  No reply but I have faith.

I'm back on Tuesday next week, so hopefully I will be back here telling you all that I was able to get online and make phone calls while I'm away...

Wish me luck!

Message 45 of 53

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Just make sure roaming is enabled and good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 47 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Have a great time @Anonymous Oh and lets hope it all works as it should now..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry.  I forgot to come back and update this thread but IT WORKED!!

I'm a happy bunny again.  It doesn't take much. Cheers

Message 49 of 53

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Relief slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 50 of 53