Did you mean: 

Has o2 sold on my details?

Lonelyguy38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just wondering what's happening lately.

There has been a huge increase in the amount of fake and bogus calls being received daily. 

Today so far received 4x automated calls claiming to be from revenue and customs from different numbers.

I have blocked each one but this isn't the first and there getting more regular. I don't post my mobile everywhere for people ro contact so as far as I know the only other way phone gets out is through the network.

Please help as I'm on the x directory and blocked lists etc so shouldn't receive such things.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Lonelyguy38 

No they haven't.

I and many others are getting these calls in increasing numbers.

Scammers just use auto dialers and programme in batches of numbers.

COVID seems to have increased their frequency as I guess they have nothing better to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Lonelyguy38 

No they haven't.

I and many others are getting these calls in increasing numbers.

Scammers just use auto dialers and programme in batches of numbers.

COVID seems to have increased their frequency as I guess they have nothing better to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Lonelyguy38
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you kindly.

There boredom is our patience.

Surely there must be something more we can do to combat such a growing threat. With multiple numbers being used just blocking each one don't seem to be working.

Anyone come up with a way to help stop these pesky calls?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Not sure it can be done. It's technology working against us.
The phone / network sees it as a genuine number so no way to differentiate.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

The new Google Messages app seems to have an element of spam protection, insofar as it will block texts from numbers that enough people report as spam (done through the app) - it puts them into a "spam and blocked" folder. The phone app does much the same. Obviously they both rely on users reporting the numbers - but it does seems to work reasonably well...

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 5 of 5