cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handset Returns Nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty frustrated with O2 just now. I ordered a new PAYG handset on the 23/11. It arrived on 28/11, and after a couple of days playing around with it, I decided that I don't like the phone. I called Customer Service this afternoon to enquire about returning it, and was told that wouldn't be a problem, and that a returns form would be emailed to me right away. After a couple hours the email still hadn't arrived, so I used the 'Live Chat' option to further my enquiry.

After I was given the direct link to the returns label, I asked if he could confirm that a Return Request had been logged on my account, as I just had a feeling that the agent I spoke to over the phone about returning the handset, hadn't logged the request on the system, and had not bothered to email the returns label link. After giving the 'Live Chat' agent the order number, and answering a security question, he still wouldn't confirm if the returns request had been logged and authorised, and then started to tell me that I wouldn't be able to return the handset, as it has been more than 7 days since I placed the order. I pointed out to him, that the O2 website says.

"If the product you've bought from us isn't quite what you wanted, you've got 7 working days to return it back to us." 

It has not been 7 working days since I placed the order, it's been 5. Also, it doesn't say that it's 7 working days from the order being placed. I would assume that it's 7 working days from delivery, as sometimes things take longer than 7 days to arrive; especially to rural areas. The delivery is digitally signed for, so O2 know exactly when it was delivered.

I've been a loyal PAYG O2 customer for over 10 years, but that obviously doesn't matter to O2. If that's the way O2 want to be, then I'll just have to take my business to another supplier. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's 7 working days from when you receive it as I understand.

Ensure you send it back recorded delivery and take photos of the phone. To prove it was okay when you sent it back.

If your photos are not date - time stamped then use a copy of that days newspaper.

O2 help link. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(mobile),C...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's 7 working days from when you receive it as I understand.

Ensure you send it back recorded delivery and take photos of the phone. To prove it was okay when you sent it back.

If your photos are not date - time stamped then use a copy of that days newspaper.

O2 help link. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(mobile),C...
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am pretty sure it's 7 days from placing the order you can return the phone
This is a customer to customer forum so any issues you have, you will have to take with O2
Call CS again and don't use live chat
Hopefully other community members will be able to assist you further
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're not happy with your purchase you can return it within 7 working days. However, we are unable to accept any return or request for a replacement after 7 working days from your date of purchase should you be unhappy with your choice of purchase.

Please read the information below and follow the instructions depending on where you purchased your mobile from.

Purchased from a store...
You should return your mobile to your point of sale with your proof of purchase.

Purchased via telesales or online...
Please ring our returns team and they shall advise you on what to do next on:

Pay Monthly returns – 0844 809 0222

Pay & Go returns - 0844 809 0202

Please have the following information ready when you call:

Order number
Full name
Full address
Message 4 of 22

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

BOB is correct. DSRs give 7 working days from delivery to inspect goods during which period you can change your mind for any reason and return the goods

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do O2 consider 'Working Days?'
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would believe Monday to Friday.
Message 7 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It is 7 working days from the day of delivery.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
It states on the O2 website 7 days from the day of purchase
The OP bought the phone on the 23rd so 8 days ago
If 7 days return policy include the weekend days the OP is 1 day late to return it
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's my understanding of it as well. I'll call back tomorrow and hopefully get a straight answer.

Message 10 of 22