cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting voicemail alert but no voicemail there!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having this problem? I get an alert that I have voicemail on my iphone 4s but when I go to check it there is no voicemail.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
This suggestion was posted by jonsie on a similar subject.

I would try to reset you network settings :

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Then switch your voicemail off by dialling 1760 and switch back on by dialling 1750.

Check by dialling your mobile from another phone.

If it continues to give problems then go to the genius at your nearest Apple store.

Link is here. It may well be worth a try.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-4s-Voicemail-Notification-issue-Pl...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it happening all the time or just occasionally?

Sometimes it happens on my Android but it's usually after I've listened to the voicemail and deleted it. The notification disappears only to reappear after a few mins thinking I've not listened to it. When I call voicemail again and have no messages it usually disappears.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's happened a few times, maybe six times in the 2 weeks since I got the phone.

I've never received a voicemail message in that time, not a real one, but keep getting these alerts that there is voicemail but there is nothing.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This suggestion was posted by jonsie on a similar subject.

I would try to reset you network settings :

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Then switch your voicemail off by dialling 1760 and switch back on by dialling 1750.

Check by dialling your mobile from another phone.

If it continues to give problems then go to the genius at your nearest Apple store.

Link is here. It may well be worth a try.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-4s-Voicemail-Notification-issue-Pl...
Message 4 of 5

gomez
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just had this and got rid of the spurious notification by temporarily change voicemail notification to text message then back to on screen notification.

Message 5 of 5