Did you mean: 

Fraud

Bullyboy86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

There was fraud on my o2 account (recently joined from Virgin) August 11th, I reported it when I received 2 iPhone 14 Pro that I hadn't ordered.

Since then it has taken multiple attempts to get these iphones sent back, the fraudsters continue to phone me to see if I still have the phones and to arrange a driver pick them up, of course I just put the phone down.

I received 2 letters from the fraud team stating everything was sorted, tariffs were put back, credits applied etc etc... However! I still continue to be charged the new tariff on 2 accounts, I've been told 8 or 9 times that in 48 hours they will be rectified, last Friday I was told I had to pay my bill in full which had been generated that day and only then would they put me on a new tariff but tied to o2 for 18 months - no thanks, I was on a rolling contract and like to keep it that way.

Today I was told some jiffy bags were finally on the way and then cut off when I asked if the tariffs would be updated, after phoning again I was told that my tariff would change once they have the phones, however as far as the fraud team were aware,  I no longer had the iphones and my tariffs should have been changed back over a month ago, oh and I was supposed to get a call back from a manager within the hour of that last phone call - guess what? Been 3 hours now and no phone call suprise suprise!

It's been a shocking customer experience and I can't wait to leave o2, even went to a shop to see if they could help, filled an online form to get a call back which never happened either and the staff can't do a single thing, never even had a call from the fraud team to explain the situation.

No idea what to do now, already contacted the fraud team and get no response, customer service is a joke and I'm out of pocket and wasted countless hours writing emails and making calls, next week marks 8 weeks since I made a complaint so the ombudsman will be getting involved.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Bullyboy86 We are all customers and can't help you with account issues. If the fraud team are aware of the situation, there's little else you can do.

If you haven't done so already, report this to the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

If the scammers keep calling you can block the numbers and report them to 7726.

How to block a number:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I will tag our community manager to see if he can help in any way.

@Dave-O2 Can this be escalated?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Bullyboy86
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your input, problem is the fraud team think everything is fine, when it isn't as the tariffs were not put back right and the credits were incorrect.

Twice now I've emailed the complaints department to only receive a response 10 days later stating everything was resolved, again when it wasn't.

It's just so frustrating 😫 

Thanks again though.

Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Bullyboy86 

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you could use Resolver ; see the bottom of this page :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

Some other avenues are outlined here :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

Message 4 of 8

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for flagging @Bambino 

@Bullyboy86 So I can check the latest on this case, can you please PM me the mobile number(s) linked to the Fraud?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 8

Bullyboy86
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sent, thank you

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I joined O2 thru Virgin in June and I have been having issues with fraud this month. Im lost who to talk to now as its seems to get worse when try getting help. Are you able to private message me. We could contact ombudsman together to show this not just a single case

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Given the BBC TV and national press coverage of fraud with sellers claiming to be O2, the Ombudsman is probably already aware of the scale of the problem, which seems to be overwhelming. 

As I have already mentioned to @Bullyboy86, I would be inclined to use Resolver. An investigation by the Ombudsman is likely to be lengthy, whereas Resolver might get you a quicker outcome.  

Message 8 of 8