Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First pay monthly phone

Megan_jolenex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m thinking about getting a pay monthly phone and I have a few questions that I would want to know.

1- do you pay the upfront cost and the pay monthly cost together when purchasing the phone for the first month?

2- do you have to have a credit score as I don’t think I have one? As I’m 18 and live with my parents

3- Can you pick the day you want to pay for the monthly cost?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Megan_jolenex wrote:
I’m thinking about getting a pay monthly phone and I have a few questions that I would want to know.

1- do you pay the upfront cost and the pay monthly cost together when purchasing the phone for the first month?

2- do you have to have a credit score as I don’t think I have one? As I’m 18 and live with my parents

Hi @Megan_jolenex 

1 - Upfront cost is paid when you order.

2 - Yes, you will be credit checked. You might find it easier to start with a sim only tariff and build up your credit.

3 - you first bill is approx 2 days after you buy the contract and then the same day every month after that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Megan_jolenex wrote:

Hi @Megan_jolenex 

1 - Upfront cost is paid when you order.

2 - Yes, you will be credit checked. You might find it easier to start with a sim only tariff and build up your credit.

3 - you first bill is approx 2 days after you buy the contract and then the same day every month after that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Nice work here @MI5 heart_eyes

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3