cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Phone :/ - Pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

I 2have had a contract for 14/24 months now and my mobile seems to always have something wrong with it but never wanted to go without a phone for ages and never wanted to use one of them crappy phones while mine is getting fixed. Could I still get a replacement? Or even a early upgrade..

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy s2, currently, bluetooth isn't working well when connecting to my car and it freezes for around 20 seconds about 10-20 times a day.. Annoying.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Upgrading is out without paying off your contract in full first. Best option would be to get the phone repaired and then sell it, putting the proceeds towards a sim free phone of your choice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Upgrading is out without paying off your contract in full first. Best option would be to get the phone repaired and then sell it, putting the proceeds towards a sim free phone of your choice.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me start by saying that the bluetooth problem on your car is more than likely the software level on the vehicle rather than the bluetooth on the phone. 

Car software does not have the same access to upgrades that we do with computers and phones so most often the car software is out of date. 

Have you been on the car manufacturers webiste to see what phones and software level is compatible with your car. 

Until you give the other problems you have had it is difficult to comment on your predicament but I would say no you are not entitled to a upgrade early.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had charging problems recently where it has kept vibrating then trying to go into "MTP Mode".. In the past my data internet has stopped working and I have had to reset my phone to factory settings a few times. My phone still has slight problems with the data internet where it does not work for periods of time.. and it's not the area I'm in, I know that for sure.

---Will add others when I can as I need to go---

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the factory reset are you putting back on the apps you had before?

Message 5 of 5