cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast O2 Refresh Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am an avid Apple fan (please don't debate this) and as you will know the new iPhones were unveiled today.

I am currently on an O2 Refresh contract with my iPhone 5S and would like to pre-order one of the new iPhones when they're available to pre-order on 12th September. I currently have a fair bit left for my settlement amount, but I'm willing to pay this off to pre-order the new iPhone.

This is my first time with a O2 Refresh contract so could someone please advise me as to a step-by-step guide to upgrade my phone to the new iPhone as a pre-order on the 12th, to replace my current phone?

Please note that I would like to be part of the first batch of iPhones that are shipped to get it as soon as possible, so I would like to ensure I don't waste any time and I complete the upgrade fast (as you will know there will be high demand and it backlogs quickly). So is there any actions I can complete before the 12th to get things out of the way in advance?

Thanks! slight_smile

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You'll just need to answer your account security questions then have your card details handy.

Thanks! slight_smile

Message 31 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Go for it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 45

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realised I didn't point out that I've got a year left on my contract, does that make any difference? I'll pay off my settlement amount tomorrow and pre-order my new iPhone on the 12th on a new contract, and my current contract will be terminated without having to pay any get-out fees?

(Sorry for going on about it, but I don't want to be paying 2 contracts, or paying a huge fee)

Message 34 of 45

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Correct - Nothing more to pay except the phone cost - Just enjoy your new phone and stop worrying slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 45

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I can't give you a 100% step by step but here is how I upgrade:

Talked some someone online via O2 Chat. 

Haggled a deal for my 1520

Got a weblink to that deal

Clicked the link and got my quidco offer tracked (they did £80 for upgrades back then)

The site asked me to pay off my current refresh balance (came up as a one off payment)

New deal went through with new contract for the airtime and phone. 

Got the new phone

Cried happy

Girlfriend told me to man up

Sold my iphone

Made £150 profit from seling my old phone, haggling current deal and quidco. 

Cried happy

Obviously you don't need to do all of these steps. 

Edit: Just to add I called up O2 CS and paid off my current phone to a low amount of £50 left, the other week. All you do is answer some security questions, tell them how much you want to pay off, give payment details and done.If i was you I would do this before the 12th. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 37 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called them up today and basically they said it was pointless to pay off my settlement amount today and that I should wait until friday when I pre-order my new iPhone.

Not sure what the difference was but I just went along with it

Message 38 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Correct - Nothing more to pay except the phone cost - Just enjoy your new phone and stop worrying slight_smile

Thank you very much! I think I am worrying too much...

@jonsie wrote:

You'll be surprised just how easy it is :smileyhappy:

I really am! if it's as easy as you're all explaining to me then I really will be surprised. I think I've been overthinking this whole situation, expecting it to be a huge ordeal like these sorts of things are. Obviously (if things go like you say they will) then I'll be really impressed by O2!

Message 39 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find it best to go Into this type of situation armed with all the knowledge you need to end up with the best result.

slight_smile
Message 40 of 45