Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan

CY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have a family member who has a pay as you go sim and I want to move them to a sim only plan and keep their existing number and also add their number to my family plan with my O2 contract. Just need some help to clear things up, when I select a new sim to my basket and about to check out (bear in mind I am logged into my o2 account to order) there is a option to select "Get a new number" or "Ungrade your existing number" in How do you like to pay for my new number section. I'm guessing "Get a new number" option, not 100% sure if thats the one to select because i don't want to accidently switch my personal sim to a new sim. (Hope I making sense... lol)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CY 

Yes, you need to get a new number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

CY
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you, when the new sims arrives and they want to keep their number, can you switch the existing number to the new sim straight away?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CY 

Yes they can.

Just request via the form here 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

CY
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Great! Thank you very much appreciate your help

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6