cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on web chat with O2.  I am really cross with the level of service being provided. I started the chat at 17:45.  
All I want is to cancel my contract as I have a better deal elsewhere..Just to give you an idea of what it has been like:

me: I asked you for a termination date at 18:15 and now it's 18:54. I am sure you can use this time to help other customers and I can use my time in something more meaningful.

That is after 1 hour of him trying to hard sell.

The chap even then has the audacity to ask what is holding me of O2.  Frankly I wanted to say "its you".

It's 19:25 and we are still nowhere close to resolving the issue which simply involves him telling me when my contract will end and what I need to do to port my number to different provider.

Never coming back to O2.. If I do manage to leave that is...

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can write in or call too - details here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i will stick to calling now.  It is still not resolved. had to cancel the chat as they are apparently now having a network issue.. I always thought I had good patience but they really tested me to the limit..

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, live chat has been known to test the patience of a Saint slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You try calling, you try chat, "O2 is so busy talking to so many customers that thye can't answer your call'

Its aboslutely pathetic.

I too want to cancel the contract as there are better deals elsewhere.

I waste an hour just to speak to someone, either on the phone or the chat.

The website is totally useless as it does not help to manage your account.

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Can't you see when your contract ends by checking via My O2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree about the customer service - cannot contact them either by phone (agents are busy, 30 minute wait - do they expect someone to wait with a phone to their ear for half an hour just to get an answer?!!) or via the online chat - "all our agents are busy, please try again later". It's been like this for 48 hours! Not just a poor customer service, at the moment I am getting NO customer service. There's plenty of competition out there so they had better wise up or I will be cancelling my contract as they are not keeping to their obligation in providing a customer service to me. Do they read these comments, I wonder?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am on web chat with O2.  I am really cross with the level of service being provided. I started the chat at 17:45.  
All I want is to cancel my contract as I have a better deal elsewhere..Just to give you an idea of what it has been like:

me: I asked you for a termination date at 18:15 and now it's 18:54. I am sure you can use this time to help other customers and I can use my time in something more meaningful.

That is after 1 hour of him trying to hard sell.

The chap even then has the audacity to ask what is holding me of O2.  Frankly I wanted to say "its you".

It's 19:25 and we are still nowhere close to resolving the issue which simply involves him telling me when my contract will end and what I need to do to port my number to different provider.

Never coming back to O2.. If I do manage to leave that is...

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

What poor poor customer service you have 02,  Having waited fro 35 minutes to speak to some up change data allowance was told, they has all gone home ??????. So no customer service, no answering the online help, and 02 network down in the area on and off all day long.    Come on O2 wat are you doing do you not want any customers.....

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What poor poor customer service you have 02,  Having waited fro 35 minutes to speak to some up change data allowance was told, they has all gone home ??????. So no customer service, no answering the online help, and 02 network down in the area on and off all day long.    Come on O2 wat are you doing do you not want any customers.....

You can change your data allowance in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

You can also check for service updates here http://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I STARTED CHAT AT 18.07 this evening am still on now and no further forward useless 

Message 10 of 17