Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive charges in Dubai

Knut
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have just seen my February/March bill.

I arrived delayed at Dubai Airport on an a flight from NZ and went online for 2.46 minutes just to check if my connecting flight to Manchester would be held or not This has cost me £42.92!!!! Surely this must be some sort of mistake?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Knut I am assuming you have not taken the O2 Travel Bolt on which gives you some data for a max of £4.99 per day

Looking at the standard roaming rates in UAE it is £7.20 PER MB of data, up to a max of 50mb (which would add £51.50 to your bill), so depending on how heavy the site you visited was you could easily have used this 50mb (don't forget when you enable roaming all your apps that have background data sync will start to use this data too)
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Knut 

No mistake.

It's £7.20 per mb.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Marit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Knut- the exact same thing has happened to me! The exact same charge as well .. it was from I landed in Dubai to turning my data roaming off before security. It is an absolute scam! Shame on you O2!! 

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Marit wrote:

Knut- the exact same thing has happened to me! The exact same charge as well .. it was from I landed in Dubai to turning my data roaming off before security. It is an absolute scam! Shame on you O2!! 

Community tips for travelling internationally with your O2 phone here, @Marit - caveat emptor, buyer beware! Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Message 5 of 5