cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 08 Apple Watch Series 8 - no one at o2 can help!

Hez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Day 5:

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

3 o2 shops, phone calls into 202 no one has done anything to help. I’ve unpaired the Watch, restored from back up and set up as a new watch!

help please :,(

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

RoryC7489
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm facing the same issue & no luck after phoning 202 and getting an esim. Would someone from O2 Support be able to help? Thanks

Message 11 of 32

Discopadre
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue for me too….it’s been weeks now and I’m still not able to use mobile data on my watch. I didn’t have this problem with EE…starting to regret transferring over. 

Message 12 of 32

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Discopadre wrote:

Same issue for me too….it’s been weeks now and I’m still not able to use mobile data on my watch. I didn’t have this problem with EE…starting to regret transferring over. 

No more Forum Advisors, @Discopadre - the service was closed in July. Persist with O2, either via 202, or, with photo id, in an O2 Shop. The O2 Social Media Team details are in the link just below, but the pauses between messages may be too hard to bear... Good luck!

Message 13 of 32

RHol
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue and the hotline person didn’t have clue of how to setup an apple watch airtime plan let alone how to fix reference 08.

After various putting me on hold, Mawada (the lady on the phone) promised to text me a provisioning link to my phone in 15 minutes and will call me back. Let’s see. I‘ll update this post later.

Message 14 of 32

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36439 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

As above, there are no more Forum Advisors, @RHol  - the service was closed in July.

Persist with O2, either via 202, or, with photo id, in an O2 Shop. The O2 Social Media Team details are in the link just below, but the pauses...🤦 Good luck!

Message 15 of 32

Matthew12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had same problem and is fixed now. first check on website if your sinc number has been added to account and if yes - reset any plans in watch app and contact to
o2 to reset your e sim - when you get sms with information that your plan been reset add plan again. should work

Message 16 of 32

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@RHol 

So has your problem been resolved ? And if not, does the advice given by @Matthew12 offer any hope ? 

Message 17 of 32

CaveTroll
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- you seem to be the go to person for this code 08 error. Please can I trouble you for help with the same issue?

Message 18 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

See message #15 above

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

@CaveTroll wrote:

Hi @O2Sarah- you seem to be the go to person for this code 08 error. Please can I trouble you for help with the same issue?

There are no advisors from o2 on the community any more @CaveTroll 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Error-code-08-Apple-Watch-Series-8-no-one-at-o2-can-help/m... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 32