cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of o2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need a second opion on something as I'm getting conflicting messges from o2.

On my contract end 14th feb, I intend to move to tesco sim only. So i understand that to do this I need a pac code and use it within 30 days of recieving it (14th jan). But I understand if I do this before my contract ends o2 will charge me and my contract will be cancelled.

But at the same time I have to give a 30 days notice to o2 that I do not want my contract to continue (or i will continue being charged monthly)

So how is it physically possible for me to get a pac code after the 14th jan and not be charged for an extra months contract with o2?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to contact the cancellation team for hours hanging on the phone and of course noone is picking up the phone. If I knew that it would be so difficult to terminate my O2 contract I wouldn't have signed it in the first place!

I will wait a little bit more and I will probably take some legal actions!

Try live chat, you might have a better experience Bouncy

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144167 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to contact the cancellation team for hours hanging on the phone and of course noone is picking up the phone. If I knew that it would be so difficult to terminate my O2 contract I wouldn't have signed it in the first place!

I will wait a little bit more and I will probably take some legal actions!

Some community advice here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

If that fails please let us know how you get on with any legal advice as it may help others.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Legal advice would be clear. The contract states 30 days notice must be given and there a range of ways to action notice.

What is the OP going to do? Take o2 to Court because they can't get through on the phone? I can tell you the outcome. Case dismissed.

Try calling at 8am when the call centres open. Less of a queue.
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the phone is locked to O2 fill in the form in the Unlock link in my signature. It's free to contract customers and otherwise your friend cannot use another network sim in the phone.

Message 14 of 14