cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of my 18 month contract & need a new phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is 18 months old and is in need of replacement, what options do I have?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144862 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Android phones have 2 year warranty. iPhones only 12 months, so it depends what phone you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123295 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Android phones have 2 year warranty. iPhones only 12 months, so it depends what phone you have?

And also what you need out of a phone? So many to choose from...all with differing capabilities...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144862 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
OK, so you read that differently to me, lol....
If you mean options such as taking a new contract have a look at the shop pages for your options.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Option 1. Send the phone for repair either through O2 or the manufacturer.

Option 2. Pay off the contract and take out a new one (Refresh only requires the handset to be paid)

Option 3. Buy a phone and just swap the sim over. Either a cheapo or mid priced smartphone from independents or used from somewhere like CEX.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd suggest making a shortlist of phones that interest you. Look at end user reviews on YouTube and then visit high street shops to have a play with demo models.
Message 6 of 6