Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination fee

Josh261995
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely fuming, took out a contract with O2 via carphone warehouse for a Pixel 4 pay monthly 24 hours, had the phone a day and decided I wanted to use my 14 day cooling off period to cancel the contract and change to a Sim Only and buy a Pixel 4 XL outright , I rung O2 to merge the number over to the SIM only contract from the original 24 month handset contract and they did that fine but said the device wasn't issued as returned yet and unless it was I would be liable for a early termination fee for the device pay monthly contract and that I needed to go back to carphone and get it resolved, I went back to the store on two occasions and in the end they spoke to O2 for me and confirmed cancellation, so happy days I thought , O2 said they cancelled DD on their side to prevent any error in payment and said I can cancel my DD. I must of rung O2 about 10 times about this issue and spoke to different people every time who said this. In the end they confirmed the return and said everything was fine and nothing else to worry about. My device was returned, the new SIM only contract set up correctly with my old number, I was completely happy.

Today I receive an email saying my bill is ready for the old account and it's £600!!!

What do I do!

Help! I'm fuming!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Josh261995 wrote:
Update : spoke to a lovely chap at O2 CS who said the bill was generated in error and as the DD was cancelled I now have 14 days to "pay" so to counteract that he is going to add a 600,49 credit to the account to balance it out. So seems.like it's sorted!

Good to hear it got sorted @Josh261995 ! slight_smile Thanks for letting us know.

Message 11 of 13

Josh261995
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sadly, another set back, I just recieved an email from "MyCare" saying my bill is overdue and that if I don't pay within 4 days it will go up by £3.50! What a shambles
Message 12 of 13

Josh261995
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just spoke to a payment manager at O2, he re assured me the voucher has been put onto the account and the final bill will be generated tomorrow, and that I can ignore these emails from MyCare.

Message 13 of 13