Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination fee

Josh261995
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely fuming, took out a contract with O2 via carphone warehouse for a Pixel 4 pay monthly 24 hours, had the phone a day and decided I wanted to use my 14 day cooling off period to cancel the contract and change to a Sim Only and buy a Pixel 4 XL outright , I rung O2 to merge the number over to the SIM only contract from the original 24 month handset contract and they did that fine but said the device wasn't issued as returned yet and unless it was I would be liable for a early termination fee for the device pay monthly contract and that I needed to go back to carphone and get it resolved, I went back to the store on two occasions and in the end they spoke to O2 for me and confirmed cancellation, so happy days I thought , O2 said they cancelled DD on their side to prevent any error in payment and said I can cancel my DD. I must of rung O2 about 10 times about this issue and spoke to different people every time who said this. In the end they confirmed the return and said everything was fine and nothing else to worry about. My device was returned, the new SIM only contract set up correctly with my old number, I was completely happy.

Today I receive an email saying my bill is ready for the old account and it's £600!!!

What do I do!

Help! I'm fuming!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Josh261995 

We are all customers on here so all we can suggest is to call customer service again, sorry.

If you still need help, come back and we can ask our community team to help @Marjo @Martin-O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Failing all that there is a complaints process though wait until we see if admin can help. Once a complaint is made they cannot get involved.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

The Resolver link is the best and quickest way of getting resolution.

Message 4 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Josh261995 , sorry to hear about your poor experience with this. 😞 I'm happy to check with our Gurus what we can do here if you didn't get anywhere with customer service - I'll drop you a private message to get a few additional details to be able to escalate this for you.

Thanks guys for tagging us in @jonsie , @MI5 .

Message 5 of 13

Josh261995
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will ring customer services later when I get in! If it's no good could you please help me then? Would be much appreciated
Message 6 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good luck, I hope it gets sorted for you by customer services. I have dropped you a PM just in case though and feel free to reply to it in case you get stuck. slight_smile

Message 7 of 13

Josh261995
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was just thinking back to my numerous conversations with O2 regarding the issue I mentioned, the O2 reps re assured me at least on five occasions everything was noted on my account, the device was returned, not liable for any fee, everything was fine, and the lady at O2 CS advised me if I wanted to be absolutely sure then to cancel the DD on my side with my bank, she gave me the DD reference number! If that advice means my credit score will be affected in a few months with a missed payment I will be even more fuming!

Message 8 of 13

Josh261995
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update : spoke to a lovely chap at O2 CS who said the bill was generated in error and as the DD was cancelled I now have 14 days to "pay" so to counteract that he is going to add a 600,49 credit to the account to balance it out. So seems.like it's sorted!
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Josh261995 

Check your MyO2 to ensure that it is showing the credit, but apart from that, I'm pleased to hear it's all sorted for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13