cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Do O2 currently offer a route to early upgrade (I know they did a couple of years ago)?

To make things straight, I DO NOT want to get out of paying anything (seen those Qs before)!! I essentially would be willing to pay off the balance of my existing contract (4 months) in a lump sum, then upgrade to a new 24 month contract. I don't go over my allocations so I won't be doing O2 out of any money that way either.

I know I can pay off the contract in a lump sum and take out a new contract, but I'd really like to just upgrade the existing contract to avoid the nause of PACs and moving numbers to PAYG and back to contract etc etc.

Seems to me like it should be this easy, and I know in the past it has been, but is it now??

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If what you want to do is upgrade your phone, why don't you just buy a new handset sim free? You could sell the phone you're not happy with to offset some of the cost of the new phone, and at the end of your current 24 month contract it just becomes a one month rolling contract and you're not tied down for another 2 years.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option I'm looking at! Cheers.

Message 12 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

There are lots of advantages to buying a phone sim free. For one, the phone wouldn't be locked to O2, and a second reason would be you would get software updates much quicker. Obviously, it's a big outlay of cash in one go, but if you can afford it, it's much more preferable to being stuck in a two year contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
no, its recontract team that deal with it, it their job
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I could afford it I'd definitely buy them sim free 😞
Message 15 of 15